Saturday, April 4, 2015

Day 4 - headache, day two

I was hoping that my headache would be gone when I got up this morning, but unfortunately it has hung with me most of the day.  Quite normal, apparently, headaches should be gone by tomorrow.  

I spent a couple of hours this morning looking at ideas and recipes for meals that comply with the strict requirements.  I always plan my week's meals out in advance to avoid the mid-week, "what the heck are we gonna eat" syndrome.  I recognize that the only way to be 100% successful on this plan is to be completely prepared.  So, armed with my list, I headed to the grocery store and had a bit of a shock at the end of the trip when I realized I spent quite a bit more than our normal budget.  I am pretty excited about our menu choices this week though and will post results as I go.

For years, I have eaten smaller meals and snacked on fruit or yogurt in between, so I assumed it would be a struggle to adjust to the three meals a day, no snacking policy (strongly suggested, not a hard and fast rule).  I admit that I have been pleasantly surprised that I can go 5 hours between meals without feeling famished.  

I'll leave you with a picture of my breakfast this morning.  It's not very exciting, but was pretty tasty.


No comments:

Post a Comment