Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Waiter, I need a drink

Oh, and a pizza, please.  At least that's what I was imagining myself saying.  I'm tired.  It was a looooong day.  For reasons unknown to me, I was wide awake at 4:30 am this morning.  I decided to start my day with a 4 mile run, which it turned out was not very much fun because  my legs felt like lead stumps (thank you squats last night for that lovely feeling).

I had a long, busy, day at work with clients sending in one request after another, extending my to-do list onto a new page.  On my drive home, I had a lengthy debate with myself about whether or not I would be opening a bottle of wine.  It was just one of the days, you know the kind, where you look forward to kicking back and relaxing with a lovely glass of Cabernet.  Usually I find cooking relaxing, and look forward to the prep work, slicing, dicing, and chopping my way to a tasty meal. But tonight I was not in the mood to do anything.

I poured myself a wine glass full of...sparkling coconut water.  Ok, it's not exactly the same as a glass of wine, but the ritual of sitting and sipping out of a wine glass is relaxing.

And, I cooked.

Thai Massaman Curry over rice (rutabaga rice, that is).  Yes, you are reading correctly.  Rutabaga rice made with my spiralizer and then chopped into small bits like rice with the food processor.  It's mild and the texture is just like rice.

  







Check out the size and texture.  It looks just like real rice!




Words simply cannot describe the absolute delicious depth of flavor.  Warm and comforting and SO much better than pizza! My long day just got a whole lot better and I'm glad I stuck to it!


No comments:

Post a Comment